A tiny, 6-pound Yorkie dog, named King, recently became a hero. He saved his 17-year-old owner, Damontre McLeod, when a fire broke out in their house in Harford County, Maryland.
It was just a normal afternoon. Damontre came home from school. He went to his room to change his clothes, and then came back down to the kitchen where he put a snack in the microwave. It was pretty much just like every other day.
While the snack was heating up, Damontre decided to take a quick nap. He put his dog, King, out of the room and shut the door so the dog wouldn’t bother him. The dog would probably be excited that daddy was home and wouldn’t let him sleep.
Then Damontre fell asleep. Before long the dog started howling and scratching at the door. In Damontre’s half-asleep state, he assumed the dog just wanted to play, so he tried to tune him out.
But the dog didn’t stop. He was determined to get to the boy. Finally Damontre got up and opened the door for the dog.
Continue to next page for the amazing video and the rest of the story…